The Type-25 Directed Energy Pistol, also known as the Plasma Pistol, is a Covenant infantry firearm commonly wielded by the lower-ranking Covenant member species, such as the Grunts, Jackal Minors, Skirmishers, and Elite Minors/Majors.
Overview & Background
The Plasma Pistol is a Covenant, directed-energy weapon, reverse engineered from forerunner technology that uses a superheated ionized gas called Plasma, instead of projectile ammunition. Its shots are a bit slower than the Plasma Rifle's, it only fires semi automatically, and it can use an overcharge shot that strips away energy shields.
- The Plasma Pistol's overcharge shot creates an EMP effect upon impact with a target, which can instantly drain all forms of Energy Shielding and immobilize Covenant vehicles for a short while.
- The Plasma Pistol is the most common firearm carried by Covenant Infantry forces, which makes it easy to replace.
- The Plasma Pistol is relatively underpowered compared to other weapons that can be used.
- The Plasma Pistol will slowly have its battery drained the longer an overcharged shot is held without being fired.
- The Plasma Pistol works almost the same way as it does from Halo: Combat Evolved, but rather than 4 shots for just 1% of battery life, it now requires 2 shots. Instead of losing 10% of energy while using the overcharged EMP, it now loses 20%, similar to Halo 4's.
|v • d • e||Covenant infantry weapons in SPV3|
|Plasma Pistol (Brute variant • Void's Tear) • Plasma Rifle (Brute variant • Modified Plasma Rifle) • Piercer • Spiker • Needler • Shredder • Brute Shot • Particle Carbine (Unstable Round Carbine) • Focus Rifle • Hunter Cannon (Beam • Fuel Rod • Shade) • Energy Sword • Jackal Shield • Plasma Grenade • Gravity Grenade • Cluster Grenade • Needle Grenade|