The Sniper Rifle System 99C-Series 2 Anti-Matériel (SRS99C-S2 AM), commonly referred to as the Sniper Rifle, is a United Nations Space Command firearm.
Overview & Background
The SRS99C-S2 AM Sniper Rifle is a long range, anti-material rifle that is the quintessential weapon for UNSC sharpshooters. These Sniper Rifles fire four 14.5×114mm sabots at supersonic speed, puncturing shield, armor and bone in a single well placed shot.
The Sniper Rifle is a very powerful weapon that is incredibly accurate, but difficult to handle. Due to its high precision, it is very easy to miss a shot, and its low ammunition count makes it unsuitable for intense, close range firefights. What it excels at, as obvious, is at long range, where the enemy is unable to reliably fireback unless they have their own snipers.
Compared to the Suppressed variant, the Sniper Rifle is much more common, albeit, less 'useful' than its more silent cousin.
SRS99C-S2 AM/S Sniper Rifle
The Sniper Rifle System 99C-Series 2 Anti-Matériel/Suppressed (SRS99C-S2 AM/S), commonly referred to as the Suppressed Sniper Rifle, is a United Nations Space Command special operations firearm and a variant of the SRS99C-S2 AM Sniper Rifle.
The SRS99C-S2 AM/S is virtually identical to the standard SRS99C-S2 AM, but features a sound/muzzle flash suppressor directly integrated into the weapon and a green night-vision variant of its blue telescopic scope. These modifications make the Suppressed Sniper Rifle specifically tailored for use in stealth and night-time operations. The Suppressed Sniper Rifle produces a reduced amount of noise and muzzle flash when fired, allowing for the near-silent elimination of enemy targets at long range without giving away the user's position.
- Very High Damage
- Very High Accuracy
- Enemies don't react to deceased allies that were shot.
- Starts with a enormous ammo pool of 64 rounds.
- Not very reliable against heavier vehicles.
- Reticle is hard to use against moving targets.
- Night vision is removed, so VISR is required.
- Very rare weapon, only appearing in Truth and Reconciliation
- As such, ammo is rare and hard to come by, despite starting off with 64 rounds.
- Is rendered redundant once you board the tight corridors in Truth and Reconciliation.
- Despite having a night vision-styled scope, the Suppressed Sniper Rifle has no actual night vision functionality.
- Visually, it appears more similar to the SRS99 which appears in Halo Reach and Halo CEA.
- In Halo: Combat Evolved, enemy AIs do not acknowledge the Sniper Rifle's gunshot if they do not see you. If you kill an enemy with the Sniper Rifle, the other enemies will react to the fallen AI, but will not search for you as they would if you fired with any other weapon
|v • d • e||UNSC infantry weapons in SPV3|
|MA5E Assault Rifle (MA5E/GL • MA5B • MA5B/GL) • M7 Submachine Gun (M7/S • Amped M7) • M247 Machine Gun • M6G Pistol (M6C Socom) • BR54HB Battle Rifle (BR54HB/GL • BR54HB/S • BR85) • M393 Designated Marksman Rifle (Amped M393) • SRS99C-S2 AM Sniper Rifle (SRS99C-S2 AM/S) • M41 Rocket Launcher • M310 Grenade Launcher • M91 Shotgun • M7057 Flamethrower • M9 Fragmentation Grenade|