The Sniper Rifle System 99C-Series 2 Anti-Matériel (SRS99C-S2 AM), commonly referred to as the Sniper Rifle, is a United Nations Space Command firearm.
Overview & Background
SRS99C-S2 AM/S Sniper Rifle
The Sniper Rifle System 99C-Series 2 Anti-Matériel/Suppressed (SRS99C-S2 AM/S), commonly referred to as the Suppressed Sniper Rifle, is a United Nations Space Command special operations firearm and a variant of the SRS99C-S2 AM Sniper Rifle.
The SRS99C-S2 AM/S is virtually identical to the standard SRS99C-S2 AM, but features a sound/muzzle flash suppressor directly integrated into the weapon and a night-vision variant of its telescopic scope. These modifications make the Suppressed Sniper Rifle specifically tailored for use in stealth and night-time operations. The Suppressed Sniper Rifle produces a reduced amount of noise and muzzle flash when fired, allowing for the near-silent elimination of enemy targets at long range without giving away the user's position.
- Very High Damage
- Very High Accuracy
- Enemies don't react to deceased allies that were shot.
- Not very reliable against heavier vehicles.
- Reticle is hard to use against moving targets.
- Night vision is removed, so VISR is required.
- Without silencer, enemies remain alert.
- Despite having a night vision-styled scope, the Suppressed Sniper Rifle has no actual night vision functionality.
- Visually, it appears more similar to the SRS99 which appears in Halo Reach and Halo CEA.
- In Halo: Combat Evolved, enemy AIs do not acknowledge the Sniper Rifle's gunshot if they do not see you. If you kill an enemy with the Sniper Rifle, the other enemies will react to the fallen AI, but will not search for you as they would if you fired with any other weapon
|v • d • e||UNSC infantry weapons in SPV3|
|MA5E Assault Rifle (MA5E/GL) • M7 Submachine Gun (M7/S) • M247 Machine Gun • M6G Pistol • BR54HB Battle Rifle (BR54HB/GL • BR54HB/S) • M393 Designated Marksman Rifle • SRS99C-S2 AM Sniper Rifle (SRS99C-S2 AM/S) • M41 Rocket Launcher • M91 Shotgun • M7057 Flamethrower • M9 Fragmentation Grenade|