"Fight your way through the facility in search of the Index"
The Library is the seventh mission in Halo SPV3. Upon discovering that the Flood has been unleashed on the Halo ring, 343 Guilty Spark assigns John-117 to help retrieve the Index. Master Chief is teleported to Installation 04's Library, the keep of the Sacred Icon. The Master Chief must fight through multiple hordes of Flood and Covenant Infantry while being aided by the Sentinels.
Overview & Background
The Library is a series of long corridors that consists of four floors. The objective is to follow the Monitor to locate the index. However, the hallways are full of Flood combat forms that attack in high numbers and seem to infinitely continue. There are also small groups of Covenant that can be found in certain corners. Throughout the level, you are aided by Sentinels with Incineration Beams that can burn through flesh, but are weak against shields.
The layout of this mission appears exactly as it does in the original Halo CE. However, the Covenant has been added into the level so as to address the common issue with fans that makes The Library a notorious level in terms of its lack of variety, considering that in Halo CE, the only enemy in the level is the Flood. Also, new color lightings for each floor has been added, so that the level doesn't feel the same all the way through.
- There are 9 terminals scattered throughout the level
- 3 are from Marvin Mobuto, the first reclaimer that 343 Guilty Spark would use to find the index.
- Human Combat Forms are very uncommon throughout the mission.
- With the addition of None Left Behind, The Commander and The Commander: Evolved in the SPV3.2 update, this mission, along with 343 Guilty Spark, feature the only level designs in the game that are not reused for another mission.
- At one point during the development of SPV3, an alternate version of this mission was planned, titled The Library: Evolved. Similar to The Silent Cartographer: Evolved, it was to be a complete reimagining of the level, and was to play out similar to Quarantine Zone from Halo 2. It would have involved conflict between the Flood and Marines assisting the Master Chief to break into the Library using a Sparrowhawk and a Mantis, a walking UNSC vehicle from Halo 4. The Covenant would also have appeared in the level. However, the mission has been officially cancelled due to practical and functionality issues.
|v • d • e||Levels in SPV3|
|The Pillar of Autumn • Halo • The Truth and Reconciliation • The Silent Cartographer (The Silent Cartographer: Evolved) • Assault on the Control Room • 343 Guilty Spark • The Library • Two Betrayals • Keyes|